The New Moon is a great time for planting seeds of your future dreams. It is a clean slate that allows you the opportunity to set new intentions for the upcoming month. With the upcoming New Moon being in Taurus, this is an auspicious time to look at your finances, loving yourself and your sensuality.
Taurus is about feeling secure within the material plane, which includes your home (property and money) as well as your body (self love and sensuality). Taurus is ruled by Venus, the Roman goddess of beauty and the arts, pleasure, and emotions. This brings about an influence of Taurus’ love for luxury and exceptional creative ability.
When looking at where to focus your intentions for the upcoming month here are some ideas:
- Finances: One of the most helpful things to do at this time is to take a good, hard look at your finances. Cash, property, and possessions are in focus with Taurus, and it is time to look at where you are now versus where you want to be. Are you happy with what your finances show you
- Loving Yourself: Think about what you value in yourself and what you value in others. If you do not value yourself, it is unlikely that others will. Make a list of the things you value the most, are you living your life in a way that aligns with these values? If not, what can you do to change it?
- Sensuality: This is a wonderful time to relax if you can. If you have felt more tired than normal with this New Moon, it could be because of Taurus’ influence. Take a look at your life and ask yourself where you can allow some creature comforts in. What would make your life better? While Taurus can be considered a raging bull, it is also equally content in a field, enjoying the sunshine on its back. Use this New Moon to engage your senses – have a massage, eat well, sleep late. Where can you allow delicious physical pleasures and sensations into your life this month? Include taste, touch, and smell.
- Character Check: Are you being too stubborn or lazy? This is a great time to take a frank look at yourself. Alternatively, are you not being lazy enough? (See point above 😉)
- Persevere: Taurus is patient and earthy. Whatever you are working on right now, remember to take slow and steady steps towards your goal. Whether it be personal or professional. Wind things down a little and take one step at a time. What area of your life can you set some realistic intentions for yourself to accomplish this month?
With all that being said, the New Moon is a time to relax and go within. It is a time to slow down and assess where you want to go over the next month. It is a time for visions, dreams, and wishes. Spend time gathering your highest hopes from the clouds and bring them into a place you can touch, understand, and hold. Daydreams, scribbles, sketches, and drawings all get your subconscious onboard with your desires.
Any intentions you make must be made from the heart. It is great to have big dreams and hopes, but Taurus is an earth element and asks that you ground your intentions within your body and reality. Take this time to reconnect with yourself and with what you genuinely want, not with what others say you want.
Have a blessed New Moon.
Lauren Rose – Divine Coaching with Tarot